Update: The UCL Website is currently undergoing maintenance for the new season. Is there something you want to see from us? Email admin@theucl.co.uk

All the latest from the league.

Summary of the latest action
26 November
Paul Jackson

Tuesday 20th November 2018




Bit of a surprise at Deeping Rangers where they crashed 0-4 to Oadby Town with former Rangers player Sam Hollis enjoying his return to Outgang Road as he helped himself to hat-trick. James Ireland starting the scoring for the Poachers on 38 minutes with a fine turn and shot before Hollis added the second with a glancing header from a Brown cross on 62. He then rifled home on 85 before getting his third in the final minute as he tapped in Ireland’s cross.




Aylestone Park rediscovered their touch with a 4-0 win over Thrapston Town. Mason Brown stole the headlines as he scored all four goals for the home side, hitting the back of the net after 37, 53, 82 & 90 minutes as he enjoyed his evening.

A double strike from Halim Halim gave Long Buckby a 2-0 win at home to Birstall United, a result that lifted them above their opponents and up to fourteenth, their highest place thus far this season.




Holders Daventry Town didn’t take their league form into this competition and were humbled 3-0 at lower grade Buckingham Athletic. Sam Olawale (13 & 54) and Jack Menday (57) put the game beyond the UCL leaders whose night then got even worse as Tom McGowan and Kieran Fitzgerald were both red carded after 64 and 71 minutes respectively and now face suspension.




It was an entertaining game at Fernie Fields where Division One side Sileby Rangers pushed Premier high-flyers Pinchbeck United all the way before eventually going down 3-2. The Northampton side took the lead when Craig Maisiri converted Emmanuel Pala’s ball in from the right after 13 minutes but Lee Beeson levelled for the Knights on 36. The visitors went in front after 65 minutes when Beeson successfully converted a penalty, but Sileby went straight up the other end and made it 2-2 as Marcus Birkelund played in Jair Minors to net. Pinchbeck however went back ahead seven minutes from the end when Ewan Fieldhouse netted from a corner and the Lincolnshire side went through to the next round. Just to make the night even worse for the home side they had Jack Archer sent-off just after they fell behind late on.


Wednesday 21st November 2018



ON Chenecks and Wellingborough Town turned out to be a game of two halves as the home side deservedly led 1-0 at the break but the Doughboys dominated the second and could have ended up with all three points, but both sides ended up settling for a point apiece in a 1-1 draw.




Rushden & Higham United drew 2-2 at home to Blackstones at Hayden Road. Nat Gosnal-Tyler put the Lankies in front after 20 minutes but it was level at the break thanks to Lee Clarke’s penalty on 35. Ben Aidulis restored the home side’s advantage on 75, but Martyn Fox scored the Stamford club’s second equaliser ten minutes later and that is how it finished.


Friday 23rd November 2018




Lutterworth Athletic were 3-0 winners at home to Aylestone Park thanks to goals from Barnes Gladman (28) and a double form sub Geoff Woodward (46 & 81).


Saturday 24th November 2018




Rugby Town made it five straight wins but were pushed all the way by struggling Rothwell Corinthians at Butlin Road. Richard Blythe gave the Valley the lead when he followed up after Lewis Rankin’s curling twenty-five yard free-kick had come back off the bar, but James Gillard equalised when his cross from the left floated over Hill in the home goal and into the net. Rugby grabbed the winner though as Danico Johnson’s persistence in the box saw him work a crossing chance and leave Charlie Evans with a straight forward finish at the far post.

Daventry Town lost a couple of points off their lead after being held 2-2 at home by Desborough Town with Luke Emery salvaging them a point with a 90th minute equaliser. Adam Creaney had given the home side the lead on the stroke of half-time in controversial circumstances, but Desborough turned it around after the restart as Jason Turner (56) and Lewis Leslie (78) swinging the game their way before the last gasp point saver.

Cogenhoe United are climbing the table and secured their sixth consecutive win and finished November with a 100% record. Peterborough Northern Star were heir latest victims as three first half goals all but secured the points. A Ryan Dove headed double inside sixty second (15 & 16) put them in charge before a rare goal from Josh Melling made it three in first half stoppage time. A late wonder-strike from Sam Wilson after 87 minutes made the final score 3-1, but in truth it could have been a lot worse for PNS.

Deeping Rangers were quick to bounce back from Tuesday’s 0-4 home defeat with a 7-0 win over bottom club Whitworth. Hat-tricks for Jonny Lockie (10, 65 & 89 (pen)) and Henry Dunn (14, 73 & 79 (pen)) added to by Scott Mooney’s 100th goal for the club five minutes from time although Mooney had earlier missed a penalty himself.

Holbeach United were 2-0 winners over O.N Chenecks at Carters Park. Luke Avis gave them a half-time lead after latching on to Josh Ford’s flick and Jamie Stevens headed the second.

Harborough Town fell behind to a fierce Dom Lawless strike after 21 minutes but it didn’t phase them as they came back to win 5-1. Aaron Preston drew the Bees level on 38 when he side-footed home Harry Hanbury’s pull back and then he put his side in front a minute before the break when he fired past Joe Purcell after a long Alex Morris ball had skimmed off a defender’s head. Tony Bartlett joined in the scoring on 64 after Preston rounded the keeper to set him up in the centre of the box, then Bartlett struck again on 76, following up after Josh Walsh had hit the post from the edge of the box. Preston had the final say with his hat-trick goal after 79 minutes with a simple finish after Henbury had picked him out with a superb low cross.

Oadby Town beat Pinchbeck United 2-0 at Wigston Road. Tom Mangan giving them the lead after just two minutes and James Ireland making sure in the second half.

Sleaford Town built up a 4-0 lead at home to Kirby Muxloe but the visitors grabbed a couple back to make the scoreline a little more respectable. Brad Hockin gave the home side the lead after just 4 minutes when he was first to the ball after Scott Coupland had hit the bar and Joe Smith made it two after the keeper had spilled a cross. Mike Hayden added a third on the stroke of half time and the fourth followed eight minutes after the restart when George Couzens set up Coupland. Muxloe’s goals came on Aaron Love on 55 and Andre Williams 72.

Wellingborough Town have found some form recently and they were 2-1 winners at home to Eynesbury Rovers. Troy Johnston’s deflected shot put the Doughboys ahead on 21, but Rovers were level after 67 following a melee in the box as Wellingborough struggled to clear a corner and Steve Gentle poked the ball over the line. The winning goal came from another goalmouth scramble on 77 minutes with Jake Gillingwater getting his name on the scoresheet as he swept the ball home from close range.

In the day’s other game, Leicester Nirvana were held to a 0-0 draw at Hamilton Park by third bottom Boston Town.




Lutterworth Town reman top following their 9-0 win over Raunds Town at Dunley Way. Tendai Daire bagged four of them (20, 37, 48 & 67), Jordan Small two (78 & 88) and one each for Marshal Keenan (8), Luke Shaw (83) and William Clarke (86).

Anstey Nomads remain hot on their heels following an impressive 2-0 win at Melton Town. James Hicks (67) and Cosmos Matwasa (74) scoring for the visitors.

Blackstones were 3-0 winners at home to Irchester after a great start at Lincoln Road. They were two up after eight minutes thanks to goals from Joe Moore-Papworth and Lee Clarke but they had to wait until the 95th minute before Clarke added the third.

Two Zak Munton goals saw Bourne Town home against Holwell Sports, although the visitors did pull one back late on through a Ben Betteridge penalty.

Rushden & Higham United returned home with a 2-0 success at Huntingdon Town thanks to a goal in each half. Jory Mann’s free-kick opened the scoring and Ben Aidulis volleyed home the second from close range after the break. Huntingdon also had Odie Wason sent-off after conceding the second goal for picking up his second yellow for dissent.

St Andrews and Thrapston Town shared six goals in a 3-3 draw at Canal Street.




Sileby Rangers knocked out holders Netherton United 5-3 on penalties at the Grange following a 1-1 draw after 90 minutes. Only a superb performance from the home keeper kept his side in the game before and after Richard Baines had given the Peterborough side the lead, but Sileby levelled when Ben Harris netted on 63 following a Jonathan Joyce corner.

Desborough Town Reserves entertained Long Buckby and triumphed 2-0 at Braybrooke Road. Jordan Middleton and Connor Bellamy getting the goals for Ar Tarn’s second string.

Burton Park Wanderers had Nikki Young on the target late in the first half, but it didn’t stop them going out 2-1 at Combination side Harpole who netted through Stuart Clarke and Andrew Priest on target.

Copyright 2016 - United Counties Football League
Privacy Policy
Terms & Conditions