Deeping Rangers
Boston Town


Coupland, Gray, Hayes


Rangers entertained the Poachers looking to improve on the point they gained at Boston earlier in the season and in the end ran out comfortable winners on a night when Scott Coupland notched his 100th goal for the club.

Light drizzle greeted the start of the game and much of the early offensive play was neutralised by the respective defences and neither goalkeeper was tested.


The Clarets Scott Mooney sent a ball over the Town defence, Dan Schiavi collected and shot high from the corner of the box, Scott Coupland cut in from the right to hit a left foot effort towards goal where Schiavi’s headed touch sent the ball over the bar.

Boston had a let off when David Burton-Jones rose to head Schiavi’s curling free kick against the bar the ball dropping where Simon Ashton touched away as Mooney was about to apply the finish.

It was the home side who made the breakthrough on 35 mins with a good team goal – Dan Flack won the ball on half way, his pass found Jason Kilbride, he picked out Mooney to lay off into the path of Flack who looked up to pull back for Coupland to control and shoot inside the far side of the goal for his ‘ton up’ in the Claret’s shirt.

With half time approaching Town’s Richard Ford took a loose ball and let fire from distance to clear bar and stand.


Half Time – Deeping Rangers 1 Boston Town 0


The second period started with heavy rain that made play more difficult for the players.

The Poachers Duran Reynolds curled a free kick that had home custodian Richard Stainsby watching all the way as it beat junction of bar and post.

Play was getting more penalty area action, Rangers’ Henry Dunn laid off to Coupland, his pass split the Town defence to allow Schiavi to get to the goal line to send in a good cross where Ashton was on hand to make a good interception, Schiavi delivered a good free kick to find Luke Hunnings whose header was at Harry Payne.

Town winger Fraser Bayliss collected a long pass from Jordan Tate, he cut inside to find Flack and Hunnings combining to thwart his advance and clear, Bayliss brought a fine save from Stainsby who had to react quickly and push the ball away as Will Britton was about to pounce.

Rangers doubled their lead on 76 min, Jonny Clay sent in a deep free kick, Hunnings flick allowed Mooney to find Dunn 25 yards out, he smashed the ball into the top corner giving Payne no chance.

The Poachers Reynolds curled a free kick that had Stainsby back pedalling to tip over the bar.

Deeping scored again on 80 mins, sub Micahel Simpson’s first touch allowed Schiavi to pick up, he set Mooney free to drive low inside the far post from the edge of box.

Before the game restarted, Town’s cause was not helped as Craig Parker was shown a red card.

In the end Rangers won another 3 points with a same score line as the corresponding fixture last season.

Full Time – Deeping Rangers 3 Boston Town 0


Deeping: 1. Richard Stainsby, 2. Dan Flack, 3.Tom Smith, 4. David Burton-Jones (Capt.), 5. Luke Hunnings, 6. Jonny Clay 7. Jason Kilbride, 8. Henry Dunn, 9. Scott Mooney (12. Charlie Coulson – 81), 10. Scott Coupland (14. Michael Simpson -80), 11. Dan Schiavi

Subs (not used): 15. Stewart Barrand, 17. Jack Marsden


Boston Town: 1. Harry Payne, 2. Jamie Elston, 3.Craig Parker, 4. Simon Ashton, 5. Jason Field (Capt.) 6. Richard Ford, 7.Nicky Frost (14. Jordan Tate – 65), 8. Duran Reynolds, 9. Jordan Nuttell (13. Will Britton – 62), 10. Aaron Eyett, 11. Fraser Bayliss (15. Dan Maddison – 84)

Subs (not used): 12. Bailey Forth, 16 Lori Borbely


Referee: Craig Harper

Assistants: Phil Hayes and Shaun Gray

Copyright 2016 - United Counties Football League
Privacy Policy
Terms & Conditions